International Students

Angeles College enrolls non-immigrant alien students and provides Certificates of Eligibility (Form I-20) which allows students to enter the U.S. with a student visa (F-1). Interested prospective students should contact the Admissions Office for an application and other required forms.

Each student must submit a transcript in order to receive an I-20. A recognized evaluation service requires evaluations of transcripts from international institutions of higher education. For a list of accepted evaluation services, please contact the Admissions Office.

Requesting an I-20
  • New international student for initials: $400
  • New international student for transfers: $200

Since March 2011, the International Student and Exchange Visitors Program has approved Angeles College to issue I-20 student visa forms to international students. In 2004, Congress mandated all non-immigrant students and exchange visitors must pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee, which funds the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and SEVIS. This fee is separate from visa fees and school SEVIS administration fees. Students can pay SEVIS fees online through the website. The SEVIS fee for F-1 students is $350.

General Information

International students are required to actively register for and maintain a full-time program of study in their enrolled academic program. At minimum, a full-time program of study is 18 clock hours per week or 12 units or more per semester. Part time F-1 status is not permitted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. The College will actively monitor the registration status and academic performance of all international students.

You must submit a recent photograph with your application (passport size is acceptable).

We advise prospective international students that they must comply with all U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and AC requirements to gain admission as international students.

A transfer student from a college/university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C”) at the institution they were last authorized to attend (an official transcript must be filed).

Financial Resources

Each international student must submit verification of sufficient financial resources. The verification must indicate the ability of the student to finance each year’s education and living expenses to the satisfaction of the AC’s International Student Principal Designated School Officer (PDSO) or Designated School Officer (DSO). The amount of financial resources required varies by the program the student plans to enroll in. The PDSO/DSO will provide each student with the specific amount required.

An international student attending the College must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.

Financial aid is not available to F-1/M visa international students.

An international student attending the College must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.