International Students

Angeles College enrolls non-immigrant alien students and provides Certificates of Eligibility (Form I-20) which allows students to enter the U.S. with a student visa (F-1). Interested prospective students should contact the Admissions Office for an application and other required forms.

Each student must submit a transcript in order to receive an I-20. Evaluations by a recognized evaluation service are required of transcripts from international institutions of higher education. For a list of accepted evaluation services, please contact the Admissions Office.


Angeles College has been approved to provide I-20 student visa forms to international students in accordance with the International Student and Exchange Visitors Program since March, 2011. The SEVIS I-901 fee of $200 must be paid directly to SEVP administrator with an initial Form I-20, applying for a student F-1 visa. Should the student wish for AC to pay on the student’s behalf, the student must provide their credit card information to execute the transaction. The school will send the receipt of the payment enclosed in the acceptance package.

General Information

International students must register for and maintain a full-time program of study in the academic program in which they are enrolled. At minimum, a full-time program of study is 18 clock hours per week or 12 units or more per semester. Part time F-1 status is not permitted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored by the College.

A recent photograph must be submitted with an application (passport size is acceptable).

Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and of AC to be admitted as international students.

A transfer student from a college/university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must:

  • Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and
  • Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C”) at the college/university the student was last authorized to attend (an official transcript must be filed).
Financial Resources

Each international student must submit verification of sufficient financial resources. The verification must indicate the ability of the student to finance each year’s education and living expenses to the satisfaction of the AC’s International Student Principal Designated School Officer (PDSO) or Designated School Officer (DSO). The amount of financial resources required varies by the program the student plans to enroll in. The PDSO/DSO will provide each student with the specific amount required.

An international student attending the College must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.

Financial aid is not available to F-1/M visa international students.

An international student attending the College must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.

We look forward to seeing you!