Financial Aid Programs

Currently, Financial Aid is available for the Medical Assistant program for both campuses. Financial Aid for Vocational Nursing and Massage Therapy is only available at our Los Angeles Campus and City of Industry Campus respectively. All student financial aid is based on eligibility qualifications.

Available Financial Aid Programs

Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need and have not earned a bachelor’s, graduate, or professional degree.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a grant for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.

Federal Work-Study

Federal WorkStudy provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need , allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.

Federal Direct Student Loans

Direct Loans are low-interest Loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student’s education after high school. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education.

Direct Subsidized Loan

Offered to students based on demonstrated financial need. Interest is paid by the federal government while the student is in school.

Direct Unsubsidized Loan

Students are responsible for all the interest that accrues while enrolled in school. Interest may be deferred throughout enrollment. Unpaid interest that is deferred until after graduation is capitalized (added to the loan principal).

Direct PLUS loans

Direct PLUS loans are low-interest loans available to parents of dependent students and to graduate and professional degree students. Interest is charged during all periods.

To learn more about these federal financial aid programs, visit

Private Loans

The College encourages its students to exhaust their federal student aid options before seeking private loans. However, students and parents who do not qualify for Title IV funds or who need additional funds to cover educational expenses beyond what is covered by Title IV funds may apply for private loans through the lender of their choice.  Currently, students can apply for Sallie Mae Smart Option loan if they are eligible. To qualify, a student generally must be a US citizen, a US national, or a permanent resident and must be creditworthy.  If the student has no credit history, he or she may still qualify for a loan by applying with a creditworthy co-borrower.

Affordable Tuition

Angeles College keeps its undergraduate tuition rates affordable. Tuition is established annually, generally in the beginning of each year prior to the beginning of the academic year. In addition to tuition, the Angeles College annually establishes several nominal fees charged on a quarter basis (degree programs) and clock hour basis (non degree programs).

California residents, Non residents and Military Servicemembers

Receive in-state tuition at AC.

Veterans and Military Service Members

Angeles College keeps its undergraduate tuition rates affordable, so your military benefits can go further.Angeles College welcomes men and women who have served in our country’s military services. Our school representatives work with veterans, active duty personnel, and dependents to help ensure they receive maximum tuition benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense and Armed Forces.

Angeles College’s traditional undergraduate programs as listed below are approved for GI education benefits and military tuition assistance by veterans, activity duty personnel, or qualifying dependents.

Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) programs:

  • Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (LA and CI Campus)
  • Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration (CI Campus)
  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing – RN to BSN (LA Campus)

Certificate Programs:

  • Massage Therapy (CI Campus)
  • Medical Assistant (LA and CI Campus)
  • Nurse Assistant (LA Campus)
  • Phlebotomy Technician (LA Campus)
  • Vocational Nursing (LA Campus)

Currently, Financial Aid is available for the Medical Assistant program for both campuses. Financial Aid for Vocational Nursing and Massage Therapy is only available at our Los Angeles Campus and City of Industry Campus respectively. All student financial aid is based on eligibility qualifications.

Military Aid Programs

If you are a veteran or active-duty service member, obtaining a college or professional education can be an excellent way to enhance your civilian or military career. Fortunately, there are many military aid programs designed specifically to assist service members and their dependents with education expenses – most administered by the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs in conjunction with the various branches of the armed services. These military aid programs, along with traditional sources of federal and state student aid, can cover up to 100% of tuition and eligible education-related expenses, thereby helping veterans, active-duty service members and their dependents achieve their higher education goals.

To learn more about these military aid programs, visit

College Credit for Military Education

Veterans and those currently in the military service may be eligible to receive undergraduate elective credit for Basic Training and formal education gained in the military. Eligibility will depend upon review by the College Registrar and is based upon The American Council on Education’s (ACE) recommendations for military training and experience to be considered for college credit.

Military Tuition Assistance Top-Up

To be eligible you must be approved by your branch of the military and be eligible for Montgomery GI Bill™ Active Duty benefits. The amount is the same as the amount received through the Montgomery Bill but cannot exceed the cost of the course. If you are receiving a Tuition Assistance award your Montgomery GI Bill™ benefit will be reduced. See your Veterans services officer and submit a VA form 22-1990 ( to your VA Regional Processing Office. For more information please visit

Montgomery GI Bill™and other VA Programs is an excellent source for Veteran’s information. You can easily navigate the site to find information regarding the various VA programs.

Post-9/11 GI™(CHAPTER 33)

To qualify for the Post-911 GI Bill™ you must have at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001 or honorably discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 continuous days following September 10, 2001. Visit for additional information about the Post-911 program.

We look forward to seeing you!